Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday Thanks Tank #212


I started blogging the first time around back in 2005. A few months into my blogging journey I realized I wanted a recurring post. (Great idea in theory -- not so much in practice unfortunately). I came up with a feature I called a "Thursday Thanks Tank: Filling up the Tank with Thanks" and started making a list each Thursday of how God had been filling my "tank" that week. Following is a snippet from my very first one:

February 16, 2006
Thursday Thanks Tank (a day to fill up the tank)
I decided I needed a day each week to let us all share our thankfulness. I know it helps me when I remember what I am thankful for. Feel free to leave your "thanks" in the comments.
Today I am thankful for:
1. The beauty of God's sunshine. He lights up my days. We have 65% more sunshine where I live now than where I grew up. I am lovin' it!
2. Friends. Today, I am especially grateful for the friends of my children. JD has a little friend over today, and it is so good to see him interact with another boy his age. Libbyline is about to spend a couple hours at the park with a good friend, and Sweetcheeks has a great play date scheduled for Monday.
3. God's boundless strength. He is strong where I am weak. Even when I am sleep-deprived, He still fulfills Philippians 4:13 in my life: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
4. Music. It soothes me, comforts me, challenges me to dance with my children, exhorts me to lift my own voice in praise. I LOVE music.
Looking forward to hearing what causes the rest of you to be thankful.

Fast Forward eight plus years and to what you see below:
I haven't taken the time to sit down and do one of these since May of last year. So much has changed. So much remains the same. I still know being intentionally grateful is healthy. It is essential to keeping my ever-wandering gaze off myself and fixed rightly on my Savior and what He is doing in my life -- in spite of my many attempts to get in His way and thwart all His wonderful plans for me.

So, without further rambling here is how God is choosing to fill my Thanks Tank this week:

1. He is allowing me to homeschool my two teenagers again this year with the best set up we have had since we started  this venture all those years ago. Looking forward to making strides in ways we have only imagined to this point in our journey.
2. Creative provision. He continues to blow my socks off with His ways of meeting our needs. Overtime is a good thing!
3. Fall-like breezes. A few brief wisps through my curly mop of hair lets me know my favorite season of autumn is on its way.
4. Sleeping with the windows open. Any reason to add another blanket and snuggle down into the covers is a good thing to me.

So, how is God filling your "tank"? What can you take time to be intentionally grateful for that will change your whole perspective and leave a trail of beauty in the process?

On His Adventure~
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me as I leave a trail of beauty. Your thoughts are welcome here!