Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday Thanks Tank #218


Couldn't let today go by without taking time to acknowledge how God is filling my Thanks Tank this week:

  • The Gift of Life: I am grateful to have another year ahead to anticipate how God will use me and live through me! Having someone guess my age at 18 years under the actual number was just another perk to kick this year off in the right direction!! I am a young 48, I guess!
  • Friends Who Know Me: In a season of extended and seemingly never-ending invisibility, those who know me best are so important. I am so grateful for the enduring friendships that carry me through those days of feeling unnoticed by the masses.
  • Craftiness: Paint. Canvases. A birthday gift. In my mail today. I cannot wait to get started!
  • My Three Children: Oh, what would I do without these?! I am so thankful for their giggles, for their insight, for their real and genuine assessments of me and my sometimes eclectic style of dressing, and for their desire to keep step with me on our crazy journey together.
  • The Gilmore Girls: I know. I am often late to the party. I know this show has been off the air for more than six years. I just started watching via Netflix, and I LOVE it! Sure has been a great way to pass the time in the evenings when I am not watching The Voice or Dancing With the Stars.
  • Facebook: Not always all that thankful for this social media's presence in my life, but on my birthday it is a joy to see who takes the time to jot a quick or more detailed greeting. It isn't a substitute for tangible mail that you can open from a stuffed mailbox full of fun, but it is a neat way to reconnect and feel loved.
  • Singing: Having my parents call and sing "Happy Birthday" to me is the highlight of my day. I am 48. They have been singing to me every year from that very first celebration, and I am so grateful they still think I am important, special and worth taking the time to sing over. It is the only tangible, earthly comparison I can make to this verse, and I am so glad they model this truth for me: 
"The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:17

Thanks for stopping by and for celebrating life with me! If you feel so inclined, please comment and let me know how God is filling your Thanks Tank this week!

On His Adventure~
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me as I leave a trail of beauty. Your thoughts are welcome here!