Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Beauty in the Boring

Some days are just boring. I am home without the car today by choice. I cannot leave my home, and I don't really want to leave anyway. I am tired. I am in pain. I am . . . boring.

No one will nominate me for an excitement award today, because the most excitement I've rustled up so far is the scooping of my unruly curls on top of my head into an unstructured mop.

That excitement occurred out of necessity, because my neck feels like a toothpick, and the bundle of curls felt like it weighed 100 + lbs. cascading about that toothpick.

So, how do I manage to find beauty in a day enveloped in grey again? Beginning to feel my last move was to Seattle or somewhere else rainy rather than to East Tennessee. I guess the "Smoky" Mountains should have clued me in, but I seriously don't remember so much cloudiness the last time I lived here. Maybe it's just my perspective, but cloudy days seem to be the norm rather than the exception.

Anyhow . . . I am going to claim beauty in the midst of this dreary, cloud-filled day. Here we go:

  • I am with my children. They make me laugh, even if we have to resort to my "Laughter is GOOD Medicine" Pinterest board for chuckles.
  • I get to stay home. I love days when I don't have to go anywhere.
  • I got dressed anyway. That's a major accomplishment right there, even if the clothes I chose are not beautiful.
  • Painting. Painting always makes me smile. I shall go paint something posthaste. Grin.
  • Watching mindless television. Cupcake Wars is now on Netflix. Woo Hoo!
  • Boiled eggs. The perfect and beautiful snack.
  • Autumn glory. Somehow the stunning colors burst on a cloudy background. Yay! See, it's good to have a grey day. Right? Sure.
  • Getting laundry done in spite of my desire to head on back to bed. Beautiful. It might be because my laundry room looks like this though:

    So, I am off to enjoy the rest of a boring but beautiful Saturday. Every day has beauty when you're looking for it. Set yours to music, and you can soar above just about any circumstance! Check out the fabulous buffet of good writing here. I know I am.

    On His Adventure~
    Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me as I leave a trail of beauty. Your thoughts are welcome here!